Akilma has some experience of doing temporary work while a student. She has been particularly excited about joining this marketplace and looks forward to broadening her range of experience.
Retail work experience with Boots
Previous Care experience in residential care home
I am an enthusiastic and outgoing person. I love new challenges and I am a quick learner with a strong willingness to learn new tasks. Possessing excellent motivation, initiative and interpersonal skills and the ability to relate to a wide range of people. These are skills that I have developed during my years of working under different positions such as a project leader for an event company, a hotel receptionist, a waitress and in addition being a student.
My aim is to have a stimulating job where I can develop my skills in areas such as marketing, business administration and sales. On a long-term basis, I am interested to achieve managerial qualifications to be able to have a leading position for a company.
- § I developed my negotiation and persuasion skills when talking to customers, suppliers and distributors every day. This was at my previous job where I was working as a project leader for a successful Swedish event company for four years.
- § Good communication skills gained from teaching at a primary school. In addition, further practice in giving presentations at university.
- § Serving customers, making recommendations when working as a waitress for two years.
- § Advising and instructing children and teenagers as a sports trainer for gymnastics.
- § At my former job we worked on different conferences, different projects, the ability to work efficiently in teams were crucial in order to succeed.
- § Experience from working as a waitress in restaurants and a wine bar. I worked with many people from different nations. Different cultures enhance the ability to learn the importance of working together.
- § Supervising events with several hundred guests attendant, the ability to be service minded, take initiative and motivate staff has helped me a lot.
- § Working as a receptionist at a hotel required me to be flexible, creative and solve problems for customer satisfaction in the most positive way.
- § Swedish mother tongue.
- § English fluent. I have lived in England for one year and in Australia for a year.
- § Basic Italian, last summer I lived in Milan for three months attending an Italian course. In addition, now I am studying Italian at London Metropolitan University.
- § I have a sound working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Power Point. Programmes I have worked with for several years and skills that I have further enhanced during my years as a student
10/2004–06/2006 BA (Hons) in International Business and Marketing, London Metropolitan University, second and third year in University.
05/2004-09/2004 Italian language studies in Milan, Italy. School: Lingua Due.